Design and build
So really, looking at then side to side, iPhone XS looks everything like the iPhone X. except for size maybe, every other detail has been maintained. It is okay to check for pictures online but I’ll try paint it for you. First it has these dimensions 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm and its choice of build materials sees it weigh about 177 grams.
Speaking of material, the front and back of iPhone XS is made purely and entirely from scratch resistant glass while the frame is stainless steel, other manufactures go for aluminum here but hey, this is an iPhone. This build allows for water resistance IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins), good thing you need not worry about those almost never occasion of your phone dropping in water. It is exciting to know you can have this phone function fine even in the rain.
The back has the dual camera (vertical placement) on the top left corner. We see a shinny apple logo on the back still and iPhone branding at the bottom. Notable on the front is that notch at the top that has selfie camera, sensors, call speaker and all those details included by Apple.
- GSM (2G), CDMA, HSPA (3G), EVDO, LTE (4G) network technology
- Nano-SIM and e-SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- 5.8 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen
- 1125 x 2436 pixels resolution
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating protection
- iOS 12
- Apple A12 Bionic
- Hexa-core (2x Vortex + 4x Tempest)
- Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM storage and memory
- Dual 12MP + 12MP primary camera
- Quad-LED dual-tone
- [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 7MP selfie camera, [email protected]
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Face ID
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2658 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min
- Qi wireless charging
- Available in Space Gray, Silver or Gold